Wednesday, October 24, 2012

abe love and a freebie


So, for as long as I can remember I've been obsessed with Abraham Lincoln. I recited the Gettysburg Address in school. I studied battles of the civil war, specifically Bull Run. We went on a family vacation to Washington, D.C. ... and I made my parents take me to the Lincoln Memorial. I've been to the theater he was assassinated  at - I know which play he was there to see (Our American Cousin). I saw the room he died in and the house they took him too. I've been to the photo archives and found pictures of his funeral procession. I know, I know... But I warned you! :)

SO - Since I'm so in love with honest abe I ran screaming through barnes and noble was so excited when I saw that Mary Pope Osborne had another Magic Tree House - WITH - Abraham Lincoln. I have been working on a unit (more like a mega-unit - since it's already 40 pages and I'm half-way done) to go with the book. I wanted to offer up some vocabulary freebies tonight and get you pumped up for the debut of MTH#47! 

Here are a few pictures of what I am giving away tonight - It's just two pages of vocabulary and a writing prompt... click on the pictures and they will take you to my tpt store to download it. I'd love you forever if you left me some feedback... (: 





No comments:

Post a Comment