Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gingerbread Freebie

14 days until break... not that I'm counting...okay - I'm totally counting... :)

I was at a WIDA training all day yesterday, and the focus was writing and preparing our kids for the writing portion of the ACCESS test. I've been working on writing, but I completely suck am not the best writing teacher... I am NOT a good writing teacher - I'll admit that straight up

So today was interesting revamping my snowman lessons for this week...- we have been working on writing and the writing process - Since I have so many new ESL kiddos mixed in with my level 2's - I have been differentiating my scaffolding for them. We all started by listening to How to Make A Snowman on raz-kids. We filled in a little graphic organizer to get us thinking about snowmen. Then those of my kiddos that had a better grasp of the English language added some details and some information about their snowmen, while others practiced copying some wintery words.

I have an adjective sheet ready for my kiddos that level 3 and 4 - so they can focus on describing words and expanding their writing - adding more details...

 I have a four-square prepared for tomorrow - where we will work on sequencing a story - adding our details and information from today...and a sloppy copy prepped for Friday. (if we get that far)

I've been updating a lot of my gingerbread and snowman stuff in my tpt and wanted to offer a freebie to you all - I am blown away to have 80 followers and I wanted to celebrate by offering up a gingerbread notebook file (comparing a few versions of the gingerbread man stories)



and I'd like to give my newest unit - Henry and Mudge and the Snowman Plan to the first 5 people that comment! Please leave your email in the comment so that I can send it out to you.

And please - if you download the gingerbread freebie - I'd love some feedback!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the gingerbread freebie. It will go right along with our gingerbread unit that we are doing. I would love to take a peek at your newest unit. Thanks!
    Denise
    Dthomas@limacityschools.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending it your way! Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  2. I am planning gingerbread for next week's theme! I'm excited to use your comparison chart! Henry and mudge would fit right in to my themes in January! Thanks!
    appleashley1211@yahoo.com
    ashleysappleseeds.blogspot.com (I'm a new blogger!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Check your email for the henry and mudge unit! I'd love to know what you think! Headed to your blog now! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the gingerbread freebie! Thanks so much! I do gingerbread for a whole week! Can't wait to use it!

    My kiddos love Henry and Mudge! I would love to have that resource! I am looking forward to reading more of your blog!!

    Kelly @ Koonce's Corner www.kooncescorner.blogspot.com - I am a new blogger as well!!!

    kl.koonce@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks cute! Love Henry and Mudge!
    cbartram@kitcarsonschool.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just sent it and I'd love to know what you think!

      Delete
  5. We are currently doing adjectives right now. The snowman is going to be perfect! Thanks for sharing :)

    aintyrath@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even know H&M had a snowman book...how perfect for winter! (We have H&M and the Starry Night in our reader.)

    tokyoshoes (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete