Wednesday, December 11, 2013

sick….again...

I've been home with my little one this week. He started out running a fever this weekend… and it's been on and off for a few days now. He got up to 103 degrees last night and completely freaked me out. I took him to the doctor on Monday, but took him back today because he wasn't improving… and he has…..
a sinus infection. 
yuck.

Hopefully we can both head back to school soon. Anyone else feel guilty about being home sick? 

BUT - I wanted to share a rubric I made to hand out to my gen. ed. teachers at the beginning of the year in their ELL packets - this is just a sheet of ideas that can be used with any level ELL you might have. 

Click on the picture to download from my dropbox link. 

I know many of my teachers have commented about having a hard time grading ELL classwork. I struggled with that also when I was in the general education classroom….so here are some ideas…
Remember - always make accommodations based on the student's level of English proficiency … and grade from there! 
{see below}

AND - these are just my ideas…. I would love to hear feedback! 

Happy Wednesday! 

Here is a chart from Indiana … click on the picture and it will take you to the original. I like this one because it gives you the actions that the students can do… makes it easy to make accommodations for the kids ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment