Tuesday, March 26, 2013

plop, plop, fizz, fizz...

How many of us are old enough to remember what commercial my post title came from? 
Not sure WHY that is in my head at 7 a.m. 
I'm home with a sick baby... again...
poor little man has been running a temperature {102+} which always makes me nervous.
I'm trying to wait patiently until the pediatricians office opens. 


This year has been rough on my little family - we have been sick so much more than usual. I hate seeing my kids sick and I really don't like missing school and taking so many sick days. Flu shots, sanitizer, copious amounts of hand washing.... don't seem to be helping. 

SO 
Excuse this rant....
When did school become daycare? 
Which doctor told parents that it's okay to send kids to school with a fever (a.k.a. contagious)?
Maybe I'm old school - but isn't the rule 24 hours, fever free? 
At what point have we lost regard for others well-being? 
Are we really so selfish that some think it's okay to send a PUKING child to school? 
These poor children.
All I can think of - no one cares enough to take care of you - 
surely that can't be it.
I know the economy is in SUPER bad shape. I know many people need jobs. I understand that being new to a job leaves you little to no sick time (I've been there!)
But these are our children.

<<<<< I found this on pinterest and thought I'd share...

My mind is heavy this morning my friends. 
I'm off to watch some Disney channel, make chicken soup, and cuddle my little man. 
A day full of Star Wars, Ninjago, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...
{I'm SO excited...}
One day at a time.... woooo-sahhhh

If you remember the commercial my title came from - leave me a comment! And don't forget to enter my giveaway!
Have a great day peeps! 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am guessing it was an alka seltzer commercial because of the plop fizz haha I completely know where you are coming from with the sending sick kids to school thing. Drives me crazy! I have called parents because their child threw up and I get told "well I can't come get them"... gee thanks. And when I send them to the office, if no one comes to get them they just get sent back to my room. AWESOME because we all want to get sick now!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah! that's it gina!
    yeah - love the projectile puke... eeewwwwww....
    at least ours stay with the nurse :(
    <3 the new blog design BTW! :)

    ReplyDelete