Monday, April 29, 2013

Ride, Sally Ride.... and a Sally Ride Freebie!

Happy Monday! 
or should I say Moan-day???
Anyway - it's almost done! :) 

I have been working on a few of my Famous American packets. They started out as Famous American Inventors.... but I have expanded my scope to include more famous people! 
I just finished a biography packet on Sally Ride and I have a little freebie for you!
Click on the picture below to go to my tpt store for the paid Sally Ride packet. 


I will link it here and on my tpt page. 
Click on the picture below to go to my free Sally Ride Scavenger Hunt

As I was working on this unit I remembered all the times I witnessed the launch of the space shuttle from Kennedy Space Station. I didn't realize how lucky I was to be so close to it, or to have family members that worked there. When compiling information about Sally Ride I was reminded of the Challenger. I find it amazing that so many years later I can still remember exactly what it looked like when it exploded and precisely what I was doing. I guess 9-11 is also like that for many of us. I didn't know that Sally Ride's third space mission was to be on the Challenger once again. 

There are just so many interesting things to learn in this world! 
I don't know how I will ever learn all of them! :) 
Have a great week!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tara! That is so cool you witnessed launches! Something I would love to do but now never will. Your Sally Ride packet looks great! I'm your newest follower :)

    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool where did you get the clipart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Nikki at Melonheadz... she is amazing! :)

      here is her blog - http://melonheadzillustrating.blogspot.com

      :)

      Delete