Friday, April 12, 2013

the end...

the end? How is it the end? 
The end of my Spring Break...
Well, I have two days left, but it is Friday....
So Sad! :) 

I'm sitting in the waiting room, getting my car serviced.
{Yep - that's how I'm spending my last day of break}
I know - being a grown-up sucks! :) hahaha

When we head back I will be working mostly on math with 3-5.
Conversions and standard units to be exact. 
All my kiddos are used to the metric system.... but are about to get tested on standard units. 
So I will be teaching inches, feet, yards, and miles while also working on converting them to other standard units. This should be a fun few weeks... I spent some time earlier this week and created a unit of task cards for us to practice with. Now I need to make one for liquid measurement, so that is what I will be working on today. {The fun never ends!} :) 
How did you spend your week? 
Anyone else on break this week? 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Last day of my spring break, too! :( I'm mad at Father Time for going by so fast, but I'm happy to know we only have 7 more weeks 'til summer!!

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a great way to think about it! :) good luck!

      Delete
  2. We're working on the same thing! We've been singing my measurement songs to the point where they get stuck in my head at all points of the day :) In case they help your class, you can pick them up free here: http://luckeyfrogslilypad.blogspot.com/2012/04/songs-to-remember-measurement.html Summer is coming soon!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete