Saturday, June 29, 2013

Currently July... a LITTLE early!

Can you handle it? 
It's almost July! 
This has been my first week off - no summer school - so please excuse my absence. 
I've been a bit of a bum this week. :)
{and I have enjoyed every minute of it}
I HAVE gotten a few new tpt units up and in my store - so this week wasn't a total loss. 

I am linking up with Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade for her monthly linky.  More and more people link up every month! It is amazing to read all of these bloggy currentlys! So, here is mine.... 


Listening - to NCIS... Love USA and the reruns! :)

I am trying to get caught up on my scrapbooking. There is virtually no hope for finishing the last 4 years, so I thought Project Life might be a good way to approach some things I am behind on and maybe give me some inspiration to get back into scrapbooking. Betsy's approach is much simpler and  more about documenting daily life.... we will see how I do. :) One of my 'treats' to myself - purchasing the Honey kit today. {so excited!}

Thinking - I miss not having a homeroom to prep, no back to school letter to type up, no new magnets to make.....new decorations.... you get the idea. 

Wanting - cuddling time... My kiddos are with their father for the week...just me and the dog ;) 

Needing - I need to get the hang of Siri! I've never had her before so this is new.... But I got an amazing deal - Best Buy was having a 'thing' where I could trade in my old one... and I had a gift card from last Christmas.... so .... who got a new iPhone for $50? 
THIS GIRL! :)

Tips, Hints, and Tricks....
Everything takes time. This is my helpful insight. I have been creating things for my children for about 11 years... blogging for a few...creating for tpt for four years now. It all takes time. There is no quick way to get followers, to be successful, or to be the next million dollar teacher. 
Heck - I have no desire to be the next million dollar teacher - but to be able to take my kids on an amazing vacation, or skiing for Christmas, or save for their college, or to make ends meet being a single mom.... those 'things' that I want to do for my kids... it would be nice to have the ability to do those. That's it. The end. :)


Happy July! 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love all the scrapbooking stuff they have out there, it is so cute! I wanted to do it and even bought the stuff, I just never got around to it, or perhaps it is that I lack the patience! ;) Have a great weekend!

    Fashion Craze Learning Days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, found you through Currently!!! I love your tip! I so know what you mean about making ends meet! Just a vacation would be nice! My family hasn't had one since two summers ago!!

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I'm not the only one addicted to NCIS!

    Great tips for TpT. I'm just getting started selling, but I'm trying to tell myself that even if I'm just earning enough for an ice cream run, it's still something! :)

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE when USA has NCIS marathons on Saturday AND Sunday. I've in in a Gibbs, Dinozzo trance all weekend. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete