Thursday, September 26, 2013

so....it's been a while....

     My kinder babies and I have been working on letter identification this week.... (along with sounds, colors, and numbers). My group this year seems much lower than in previous years.... so I have been searching for some good intervention materials to use with them to practice letter identification. I stumbled across this freebie from Babbling Abby (other wise known as the inspired apple), called Highlight a Letter (original blog post). My kiddos went wild over this! Who knew highlighters could be so inspiring! :) 

   
We drew our N's in the air, we danced them, we named things that started with n, we highlighted them, we spied them in all sorts of my funny fonts.... Then I put this Highlight a Letter freebie up on the smartboard and we went through the whole thing together. I was impressed with the connections they were making and the discussions we had about the different fonts! We went back and forth about an h that looked like an n.... but decided it was really an h because it's back was too tall! I was really proud of these observations and connections! (especially for kinders that have been in school for less than 8 weeks, and speak a different language at home!) Here are some pictures of them hard at work....

Make sure you check out The Inspired Apple - It is one of my newest blog stalks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment