Thursday, March 6, 2014

And We Are - Done!

Testing is over. Thank goodness! I am so proud of my kiddos.... they changed up the ACCESS testing a little this year .... that really freaked me out (especially when I learned about it only two weeks before we started testing). But they did great!

Our focus is now switching to the language of math - so the 3rd and 4th graders and I are working on fractions. Here are two things I purchased on tpt. The kids can't wait to do bingo from Miss Math Dork next week :) and I am loving all the activities and ideas in the Fractions Rock unit. Ashleigh works through fractions, identifying fractions, comparing fractions, and equivalent fractions... perfect for what my kiddos are learning about, AND practice for the upcoming state testing! Win - Win!

We also started an Interactive Notebook.... so far we have fraction vocabulary, but we will add information about 'groups of' types of fractions. I am trying to make some cute foldables for when we start working on the equivalent fraction part of the unit.... I will keep you posted on that! Wish me luck! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment