Monday, March 26, 2012

grades are in

Wow - only 41 days of school left for us. I'm sorry to say that I am VERY excited about it! This has been a long, hard year in second grade. This will also mark my first decade of teaching - I cannot believe that I have been teaching 10 whole years now! I feel like I should get combat pay... or hazardous duty pay at least! :)

Teaching has changed so much in the last ten years, I shudder to think how things will change in the next ten years. I often get so frustrated with the behavior issues that I feel my teaching suffers. I am almost always in control of my room and my children. I pass very few 'issues' to the office to deal with - I like to be the authority and handle anything I can IN my classroom, with my parents, and my children. I don't usually have many problems, but a few do arise... I can't imagine being a teacher who consistently has discipline issues, but sometimes I feel as if that's what most of my day has come to! I'm trying to help my student teacher navigate behavior and curriculum, but the best advice I feel that I can give - be consistent... don't threaten anything you can't come through with later... and treat everyone equally, no matter whose child they might be... Anyway - that's my two cents - any ideas?

I have been making more units for the Magic Tree House books, and some fun games too. Unfortunately I've been very slow about uploading them to tpt!

1 comment:

  1. I am the newest follower to your cute, cute, cute blog!

    We sound like we have very similar beliefs when it comes to classroom management. I teach at-risk kiddos and at the beginning of the year big behavior issues are there but are quickly stopped.

    I have been using Conscious Discipline for the past 5 years and it is AMAZING!!! It is all about building your School Family and nurturing kindness and helpfulness. The kiddos also learn how to use their big voice so there are very few conflicts that I need to step in and handle. I blog a lot about Conscious Discipline and I would love for you to share it with your student teacher....and I would love for you to come check it out too! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete