Thursday, October 18, 2012

mean mommy...

Warning - the following post is not at all teacher related - I am suffering from unbelievable mommy guilt and I must unload here and now.

I was that mommy today. That mommy that takes her child to the doctor. That mommy that has to help the nurse hold him down as he gets shots.That mommy that takes pictures of them doing a vision test. That mommy that bought him pizza in attempt to make him like me again. (I know - pizza???? YEP - that's my weirdo) That mommy that held him when he cried and then grabbed his leg - yep - and squeezed on one of the injection sites. THAT MOMMY.

Maybe tomorrow he will like me again - oh yeah, he goes to his dad tomorrow! AWESOME.


Thanks for listening. I know that they don't remember - or realize will realize why it was done later - but the looks they give you right after it happens - seriously rips up my heart. Even though it must be done, I still carry all that mommy guilt...

1 comment:

  1. the good news is that they really don't remember it later on... but you're right... those "eat poop" looks sure do hurt!

    ReplyDelete