Friday, December 14, 2012

A few of my favorite things...

In today's post I wanted to highlight a few of my favorite things for my classroom....

Number 1.
My own personal laminator.
I snagged this Scotch laminator last year on Amazon's deal of the day - and I don't know if I could get by without it anymore... Granted - I don't laminate everything with it, but those things that I want to hold up for a long time - definitely go through this thing! (Like my Hope King Halloween Centers) 
I find these super helpful because my kiddos can write on the recording sheets with Vis a Vis pens - eliminating the need for copies and grading... ;) 



Well - the lamination pouches are also on sale today - so I plan on stocking up for the rest of the year. :) 


Number 2
Mr. Sketch Markers 

These were a present from my bloggy buddy Stacy at Funky Fresh Firsties {That I am lucky enough to work with and see everyday!} Yay for friends at work! :) 
I love them
Love them
Love them...
{LOVE THEM}
I almost love them so much, I don't want to use them... but I totally do. :) 



Number 3
My Color Laser Printer
This was a huge Donor's Choose project on multiculturalism that I was awarded last year. 
Since I mostly use reading a to z for my ELL kiddos - being able to print out the books IN COLOR has been really amazing. Call me crazy, but I feel it makes a difference in the attention span when they have those lovely color images in front of them. 


Number 4
Reading A to Z and Raz-Kids
Here is a a link to the freebie trial. There are 6 different sites which are all an amazing support to my curriculum. I have paid for these subscriptions every year that I have been teaching and they are SO worth it.  The Raz-Kids is a recent addition but is probably one of my favorites. 

Number 5
I am so lucky to work in an environment where I am trusted to be a professional and do what is best for my children. I am also lucky that there are SO many amazing educators out there who are willing to share their hard work. I have gotten so many unbelievable things from tpt - paid and free - I couldn't imagine not having it as my go to anymore! 

What are your top 5? Don't forget to check out Teaching Blog Addict's Freebie Friday! There were over 100 free things all in one place last week!  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment