Sunday, September 7, 2014

Taking Over.... Ain't for the Faint of Heart....

So - I've known for about two weeks now that I would be taking over a 2nd grade classroom for a teacher that had to leave early. I was overjoyed when my principal asked if I was interested.... 
Completely torn - but overjoyed...
I love teaching ESOL... but I love being in the regular classroom too...
Ultimately I wanted to be with my kids all day {my personal kids - in K and 4th} and not have to worry about schedule changes and driving between two or three schools...
So here is a sneak peak at my IN PROGRESS room redo. 

I was really lucky to walk into a completely decorated room - the teacher who was leaving was amazing enough to leave everything on the walls and tables [before anyone wonders - he bought almost everything himself]. 

So I have been able to go in and redo a little bit at a time. :) 
Here is my progress. 
FYI - I am using the World Traveler Kit from SchoolGirl Style [click here]






I already had these suitcases printed and laminated for my ESOL classroom - I repurposed them and added the luggage tags to use as my reading and math groups

My behavior board.... I had to add my Melonheadz Small World and World kids to the plain old color chart... 
I was SO excited about these editable pennants.... hung them up... and.... 
TOO BIG. 
Darn it!


So I ended up redoing the closet (pictured above)... wasn't planning on taking this on...
(In an 85 degree classroom where the air override button wouldn't work.) 
Can you say heat-stroke? Good Golly! But it fit PERFECTLY! 
Now I am waiting on my shop ticket holders to get here from amazon so that I can hang my standards :) Love it when a good plan comes together! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment