Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Liebster Award

I'm pretty psyched about this post...
My first award...
I'd like to thank - bwahaha! :)


I was nominated for a Leibster Blog Award - :) YAY!
These are the blogs that nominated me:
Em - at curiousfirsties.blogspot.com
Danielle - http://classroom-cupcakes.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog.html
Liz and Kim - http://2preschoolpals.blogspot.com/
And
Karmen at http://karmenskindersofroom103.blogspot.com/

so - I have to answer some questions about me, and then give 11 random facts about me, and then nominate more people...

My questions to answer from Em: 

1. What wakes you up in the morning?
My son yelling from his room - "Mommy, it's time to get up"....


2. Do you have a hobby that you enjoy?
I really enjoy scrapbooking, but I don't have much time for it. :(

3. Do you have a recipe that you can't live without?
oh...hmmm...anything with nutella!

4. What is your favorite movie?
Gone with the Wind OR Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

5. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I went back to school to get my Ed.S. and I took a technology class - setting up a blog and twitter were mandatory...and I've kinda enjoyed it since then!

6. If you weren't teaching, what would you do instead?
NO CLUE! Probably working a desk job - I'm a fool for filing and office supplies. 

7. How long have you been teaching and in what grades?
I've been teaching 11 years - 6 in first grade, 2 in second, fourth, eip pull out, and now ESOL pull-out

8. What is your favorite household chore?
um...none? 

9. What is a holiday tradition that you love to do each year?
I love going to the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin, I also love carving the pumpkin with my kiddos.

10. Where do you like to shop?
Favorites: J.Crew, Banana Republic, Anthropology
What I can afford - Gap and Old Navy

11. What is your favorite pin on pinterest? 
Here is my favorite pin... I downloaded this and use it as wallpaper on my iphone...a good reminder that it is okay to be myself, even if that means not everyone likes me. 




Now ... 11 random things...
my favorite color is blue
i like to write in lowercase and i hate caps
i have a mini
my favorite movie is midnight in the garden of good and evil - or gone with the wind
grrrr - already did that! i am a HUGE florida gators fan
i want to be hermione when i grow up
i had fruit and a cheese stick for dinner
not sure who loves uncrustables more - my kids or i
i consider myself to be a big dork
i hate having my picture taken, but i love taking pictures
i have a favorite pen (and pencil, and marker....do you see where i'm going with this????) :) 
i love trying new foods (except bugs)


NOW
My questions for my nominees: 
1. What is your favorite subject to teach? 
2. What is your favorite color? 
3. Why did you start blogging? 
4. Why did you choose teaching as a profession? 
5. How much money do you think teachers should make a year? 
6. What is your favorite month of the year? 
7. Which holiday do you look forward to most? 
8. What is a family tradition that you intend to carry on with your family? 
9. Morning person or night owl? 
10. Is bigger always better? 
11. What childhood toy do you remember the best? 

AND the Nominees are: 
Small Types

And your directions are: 
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!

Have fun! :) 


3 comments:

  1. I remember reading "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil." Now I am curious to read/watch it again...it has been a long time! I love reading all your answers! Thanks!

    Em
    curiousfirsties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay the only problem with all your answers is that you are a gator fan....hehe...Can't wait to learn and grow in my teaching by all the fabulous blogs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I answered my Liebster Award questions! Check it out!http://extraenergeticeducator.blogspot.com/2012/11/tearsmy-first-award-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete